If you’re in the market for a new coffee maker, be sure to read consumer feedback before making your final decision. Coffee maker reviews will help you narrow the field, providing a closer look at the strengths, weaknesses, usability, safety, and features of the models you are considering.
While you may not find a perfect coffee maker that rises above the pack in every regard, it is likely that you’ll discover the right coffee maker for you based on the factors and features high on your list of “must haves.” When reading coffee maker ratings, here are a few factors to consider:
Price. The price of coffee makers varies widely. Whether your budget is $12 or $1,200, you’ll find a model that meets your price requirements. The number of features usually drives the overall price, so be sure you’re not paying for a machine that includes bells and whistles you’ll never use. For example:
- Built-in grinders add $50 to $100 to the price tag; you may find that purchasing a separate grinder (for as little as $20) is a better value.
- Water filters will increase the overall price, but if you’re already using water from a filtered tap, you probably don’t need this feature.
Features worth paying for include programmable timers, small batch settings, automatic shut off, and reusable filter baskets.
Brand. When reviewing coffee maker ratings, look for manufacturers that top the charts across several price points. Also, you may want to consider the following:
- Company reputation, customer service, and responsiveness to consumer concerns
- The country of origin where the coffee maker is manufactured
- Whether you’re in line with the company’s philosophy
When reading coffee maker reviews, pay attention to whether the assessment is written by an expert or an owner. While expert reviews provide a snapshot of the specifications and performance of each feature for an individual machine, owner-written reviews tell the story of the coffee maker’s long-term reliability, customer support, and usefulness of features.
While coffee maker ratings can guide you in the right direction, only you can decide how much you want to spend and which features are important to you. With a little research and patience, you’ll soon discover the perfect coffee maker to suit your tastes and lifestyle.